mamamonday: seven months

Monday, June 25, 2012

Captain Fuzzyhead, you are seven months old now - seven and a half, I guess. Don't remind me. This year is going by so fast. I'll look at the clock and think, "shoot, it's only 11 a.m.?" and then I realize you're another month older and it's like, whoa. If I could keep you this size, I would.


What's going on this month? Lots of new foods - you've had squash, carrots, beans, avocado, sweet potatoes, egg yolks and chicken, and - spoiler alert! - we're trying peas today. Squash, carrots, and chicken are your hands-down favourites. You love your cereal at breakfast and dinner and you nurse five times a day.

You are a chatterbox! Singing, babbling, squealing, and lots of it. You haven't shown any signs of shyness. You smile at strangers and love to be around people and charm everybody around you wherever we go. You like playing with your blocks and balls and tearing apart your alphabet mat to chew on the letters, and you love books, both being read to and just playing with them on your own. You dance whenever there's music on and will clap your hands or smack the floor. Bathtime is your favourite time of day, but walks in the stroller are a pretty close runner-up. You don't like having socks or shoes on, but that's about the only thing that bothers you.

You're not crawling yet - at least not textbook crawling - but you're very mobile. Between rolling and scooting you get around a room pretty fast. You scootch close to the couch or a chair and then reach up and try to climb it.



Rory is your best friend. Every morning, we come downstairs and Rory waits for us at the bottom and as soon as you spot him, you beam and kick your feet. You smile every time you see the dog and talk to him. Rory is just as smitten with his baby brother. When you cry, Rory comes and gets me and has a super concerned face on.

I don't know how big you are but you're definitely growing like a weed. You're into mostly 9-12 month clothes now. Every couple weeks I pack away another batch of your little outfits that are too small.

Every day you're more like a little boy and less like a baby. Sometimes you don't want to cuddle - you squirm and grab our faces and try to get free. But we usually sneak at least one good snuggle a day. On the weekend, you watched a little bit of the baseball game with me and it made me excited for when you get a bit bigger - there's so much stuff we'll be able to do together, from watching a ball game or a movie to playing catch in the yard, making snowmen, building with Lego, making sand castles. We have a lot of fun to look forward to. Just not toooo soon. For now, I love my little baby.


You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Hi Amy, this blog is beautiful, as beautiful as little Eli. It takes me right back to when Claire was a baby. I wish she was small for longer. But every stage has its challenges and every stage is fun. You'll enjoy when you are finally able to take him to his first movie, sign him up to play on his first team, but you'll miss the days when you would put him in his stroller, or when he would sleep for a few hours at a time. Love to see you documenting it all. You're a beautiful mamma. Enjoy every moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much! It already feels like sooo long ago when I read his posts from when he was really little. I try to just enjoy what we're doing at the moment and not think ahead too much!

      Delete
  2. I definitely see see a lot of you in Eli (sorry Pete!).

    I will be home the first two weeks of July, hitting the road on the 2nd, so a visit will be a must! When I know our schedule (who has a SCHEDULE for vacation....sigggghhh...this chick does!), I will let you know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic! I'm up for a visit anytime - we're all on Eli's schedule :) We're in NB for the long weekend and then back to NS.

      Delete
  3. It would not be possible for him to be any cuter! I love these update posts; they remind me of wonderful days gone by and many fun days to come :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already find it fun to go back and read the old ones from when he was tiny! It seems like so long ago!

      Delete
  4. Ahhhh I have always loved his massive amounts of hair and these pictures are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hes too adorable with his fuzzy hair and I just love the way babies sleep like that. I remember mine being that small, its goign WAY too fast!

    ReplyDelete